Dr. Gideon Matzkin is a board-certified psychiatrist with experience in a range of psychotherapy and medication treatments. He is passionate about his work and has helped many patients and their families improve their lives. In addition to treating patients at Full Steam Ahead Mental Health Services, he also serves as medical director and co-founder of Recovery DBT, an outpatient program for patients with debilitating anxiety, suicidal ideation, self harming behaviors, emotional dysregulation and other conditions which require higher levels of care.
Dr. Matzkin has been licensed to practice medicine in the states of Georgia and Pennsylvania and is a member of a number of professional organizations, including the American Professional Society of ADHD and Related Disorders, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, the American Psychiatry Association, the American Society of Addiction Medicine and the American Psychoanalytic Association. Additionally, he is a member of the Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia, Georgia Psychiatric Association and Georgia Therapist Network.
- Psychoanalytic Fellowship, Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia
- Psychiatry Residency, Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Training, Certified at Belmont Behavioral Behavioral Healthcare System, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Technion Faculty of Medicine, Israel
- Bachelor's of Science, Yeshiva University, New York, NY
- Neurostar Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Certified Training, Atlanta, GA